Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guam monkeys: cute...and clothed!











Emma loves climbing the tree in our front yard (as do the other kids). She and Andie already had the reputation of being monkeys in human form BEFORE Guam, but something about a tropical island just brings it out even more.
The next 2 pics are at old WWII Japanese cave defenses here on base at Dadi Beach.
Jordan practing away on his guitar. He has sore fingers, but is having alot of fun with it.
Finally, on Friday nighte Andie & Emma had a "girls night in" with Mom and Lanita doing hair, nails while watching Alien vs. Predator.....or maybe it was Barbie:swan princess, which worked for Jordan and Dad cause they went night spear fishing! There is a member of our branch here who lives on a bay in the south and goes out at night with an underwater flashlight and a spear to go fishing. He took Jordan and I and a couple other boys and Dads. It was incredible to be out there, the stars were the brightest I think we'd ever seen, and your 500 yards off shore in the pitch black 20 ft deep water wathching the flashlights below with a snorkel mask. As if Jordan wasn't already in heaven, we then took the fish and fried them up (talk about fresh seafood). We were eating fish at 1 am, and Jordan had about 3 or 4 of them himself. Our camera wasn't working but we'll try to get pictures of it from our friend. That's about it for this week.


10 comments:

Heather E. said...

That is awesome. It looks like you are loving Guam! Drop us an e-mail and we'll send you a invite to our blog!
heatellis@gmail.com
Cory and Heather Ellis

Lyndee said...

How fun. Your girls are so dang cute.Looks like you are having the time of your life. I love the guitar pic.

Teresa said...

That night fishing sounds awesome! I'll be watching for those photos.
Hey Michelle...miss you!

Jeff and Holly said...

More fun pictures! I can't believe she can climb the tree like that.

Kandice said...

Hey guys, it is so go to see you!!! I love blogs. Rachel loved to see the pictures of the girls. We miss you guys and hope you are so happy! You guys are such great people. So we jumped on the blog wagon so check it out. www.buckyeyeallens.blogspot.com
-Kandice

Laurie Gustafson said...

Michelle-
I saw your blog today on Sara Hicks, and I just loved seeing new pics of your family in guam!!! We just started a blog, but it is private so send me your email and I'll send you an invite! It looks like all is well in Guam, and I'm a little jealous seeing how warm it is there!
gustafson.laurie@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Wow. . you guys are having quite an adventure!!!! Hope you are doing well and are safe!!

Michelle Christensen (Sister C)
imcaesarsmom@hotmail.com

Rachel said...

Hi! This is the Gillette's. I just saw your blog on The Peassey's. I am so excited to see how you are all doing! It looks so nice there. It just snowed another 3" today. I can't wait to show the girls your pictures tomorrow.
our blog is:
austinandrachel.blogspot.com

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey David family, it's fun to see how you guys are doing in Guam! We miss you here back in Virginia Beach. Hope all is well, drop us a line. andresjennybaca@msn.com and or thebaca6.blogspot.com
Love the Baca family

Anonymous said...

Hi guys.  It's been a while.  Your family looks great and it looks like you're having quite the adventure.  I thought I saw your kids growing gills due to all the swimming.  :)  Our kids would love that.  Guam looks like a beautiful place.  When we went home for Christmas, my mom showed us your Christmas card.  That's how I got your info.  I hope you don't mind us writing on your blog.  It's good to see you doing well and loving life.  Have a great day and keep smiling.  :)Bryce & Heidi Barfuss